The Indian festive season has ended just some time ago and I still cannot get over that fact. Several reasons are responsible for this hangover like the wonderfully lit up streets, spending time with family, the artistic idols and ‘mandaps’ in Kolkata, great food, sweets, new dresses, new fashion, jewelleries, glamour and the festive glow on my skin. There are much more to be mentioned but the list is too long to be penned down!
As I was talking about the festive glow on my skin, I am really glad that it didn’t fly away with the festivals. It is still there and so prominently. This time I had used products from the natural home of Kama Ayurveda and they have totally satisfied my hair and skin’s requirements. Specifically speaking, the issues I was dealing with were reduced to a recognizable extent.
Let’s start with the hair care regime.
My hair is dry with an oily scalp. I chose the products suitable for myself but they are mostly for all types of hair. I am specifying every detail individually below.
1. For oiling my hair I chose Kama Ayurveda Organic Neem Oil Cold Pressed. I was facing a little bit of problem with dandruff and I wanted to heal my hair from that. Neem oil was the best choice and Kama Ayurveda can be totally trusted with their organic properties. It is 100% neem seed oil and can be used for multiple purposes on our hair, body and face. This product helped me with increasing my hair growth, conditioned my dry hair, removed the dandruff which also solved the problem of my oily scalp. If you have any problem with scalp infection, neem oil is the best remedy for that. May it be any type of fungal or bacterial ones.
As I mentioned, neem oil can be used for various purpose, I also used it for curing the problem of my acne. Neem oil has aspirin like quality and beneficial fatty acids which makes it good for both acne prone and dry skin. For acne, it prevents the growth of bacteria and for dry skin issues, it helps in filling the cracks and locks the moisture in. Basically, it helps to maintain the natural balance of sebum (oil secreted by our skin & scalp) making itself good for every type. This comes for Rs. 675 in a 200 ml bottle and will last for several days according to my estimation if used wisely.
The hair cleanser is a mild solution with Neem, Hibiscus extracts and pure essential oils of Lavender and Patchouli. Lavender soothes and calms the scalp and Patchouli is antibacterial so it goes both ways. Being organic it doesn’t harm your hair any way making it even softer, gentler and smoother. It is so light that my hair feels breathable every time I use it.
The conditioner has somewhat the same properties and also repairs damaged hair. I go through a lot of hair styling techniques which damage my hair now and then. This range totally helped me to revert it back. The Lavender and Patchouli conditioner also has extracts of Almond, Amla and Soya bean which helps to reconstruct the hair structure.
Both of them have minor amounts of chemical compounds to hold back the texture of shampoo and conditioner but that is negligible to harm your hair.
The hair cleanser (200 ml) comes for Rs. 595 and the the conditioner (200 ml) comes for Rs. 695.
3. Next comes in my routine the Kama Ayurveda Retexturizing Skin Treatment (Jwalini) & the Kama Ayurveda Ubtan (Soap-free body cleanser).
The Jwalini of which I got a sample product (Rs. 495 for 100 ml and Rs. 1195 for 250 ml) has natural herbs of Costus and Cardamom processed in pure coconut milk and sesame oil.
This one comes for Rs. 750 in a 120 g container. We all know about the historic Ubtan used by our grandmothers and even their grandmothers and was one of the most popular old remedy to get rid of dirt, tan and skin pigmentation. Ubtan is one of my personal favourite products because it is natural. Also, organic ingredients have always proved to be the best for skin discolouration issues. I had developed a very bad tan and I had no time to get the ingredients from market, mix and then apply. It’s a very lengthy process to be followed in our fast life schedule. This product solved that problem coming handy just in one container. The price somewhat belongs to a high range but I think the results are really satisfactory. It consists of Oatmeal, Green gram, Almond, Neem, Sandalwood, Turmeric, Camphor, Fennel and Fenugreek powders.
4. For my hands, the previous routine helped a lot and I also nourished it with the Kama Ayurveda Hand Cream which has the ingredients of organic Almond oil, organic extra virgin Coconut oil, Shea butter, Cocoa butter, Kokum butter, Aloe vera and Glycerin. A small amount is enough to make my hands soft because of these rich ingredients. This is priced at Rs. 725 for 60 gm.
5. Being a blogger, I have to travel a lot to different places for shooting blog content and also step out bare feet in different places just to get that ‘perfect click’. All these activities make my feet really sore and develop dark patches on them. It’s not always possible to go the parlour and get a pedicure. Only sometimes I can make time to avail the salon at home services and get them clean. But for the festive time I wanted a different glow on my feet. After all the high heels needed to get their worth!
For this I obtained the Kama Ayurveda Foot Scrub and Foot cream. This range helped me to lighten the skin of my feet and make them supple. The foot scrub comes with pure essential oils of Lime, Verbena, Musk and Sandalwood. It’s priced at Rs. 550 and the foot cream comes with pure essential oils of Lemon, Verbena and Cedar wood for Rs. 595 too (60 g). Undoubtedly they made my feet smell so nice that even I myself was fascinated with them.
6. Last but not the least, comes the most important part of our body and that is the face. To be honest, my face goes through the extreme amount of torture including the daily makeup, its removal, sun tan, dirt, pollution and what not! But it is that part of our body that represents our true self so how could I just forget refreshing my face?
For that purpose, I got myself six products from Kama Ayurveda and below I will be explaining my pre-puja face refreshment renewal procedure step by step :
Firstly, I used to clean my face with the Kama Ayurveda Ubtan or natural cleanser. The benefits and usage are already discussed above.
For the second step I used the KamaAyurveda Kumkumadi Brightening Ayurvedic Face scrub which is priced at Rs. 1195 for 50 g. It has the goodness of 12 precious raw ingredients including Kashmir Saffron, Sweet Almonds, green Cardamom, Sweet Flag and Sunflower seed oil. This product is so good that it has been awarded the Vogue Beauty Award for the best exfoliating product. This one is my favourite from the lot.
Thirdly, I used the Kama Ayurveda Lavanya Plant Mask. It has got Coriander, Lodhra and Liquorice which have blood purifying and anti bacterial properties making itself eligible for deep cleansing and purifying the skin. Price – Rs. 495 for 25 g.
Fourthly, I used the Kama Ayurveda Eladi Hydrating Ayurvedic Face Cream of which I have another testing sample. It has the goodness of Coconut milk, Vetiver, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Olive oil, Cedar wood and Aloe vera. The formula is extremely nourishing and leaves my skin soft and supple so as to end my regime. Price- Rs. 1125 for 50 g.
For the fifth count I used the Kama Ayurveda Rose Lip Balm made with organic Bees Wax with the goodness of Sweet Almond oil, Wheat germ oil, Cocoa butter and Rose extracts. This one is extremely hydrating and stays for long. My lips are too chapped so this is a saviour! I use it anytime of the day. Being small it’s very easy to be carried throughout. Price- Rs. 595 for 5g.
For the final touch and the sixth step I used the Kama Ayurveda Pure Vetiver Water Face & Body Mist to be sprayed on my face so as to retrieve the natural Ph balance of the skin, tighten the pores and relax it. Price- Rs 175 for 50 ml.
That’s how my skin and hair looked great during the festive season. Finally, I managed to get back the glow that was missing from the festive preparation.
Point to be noted: All prices vary with different sizes. To know more about each product, please visit www.kamaayurveda.com or click on the product names above.
All Rights Reserved by The BongFashion. Do not copy or use post content for any purpose without due permission.
- On Facebook as “The BongFashion”
- On Roposo as @thebongfashion
- On Instagram as @thebongfashion
- Email for any query at email@example.com
- On Snapchat as chandrayeecc/thebongfashion
- Also don’t forget to hit the like, share and follow buttons here!
Stay With Style.